Growing up in New Zealand, one of my favorite biscuits was Gingernuts, known other places as Ginger Snaps or Ginger Cookies. Patrick used to make these when we had friends over – sometimes even for dessert, with pineapple and whipped cream. So when I saw a recipe on Civilized Caveman for Cranberry Ginger Cookies, I had to try them! Here’s my slightly modified version, leaving out the cranberries and using twice as much ginger.
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
2 Tbsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place balls of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten the biscuits with a spoon or a fork.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 F.
- Cool before eating (if you can wait that long!)