This is an unusual recipe we tried earlier in the year. If you’re expecting regular scrambled eggs, you’re in for a surprise. It tastes a bit like egg custard. With a side of bacon, it’s become one of our favourite weekend breakfasts. This receipe is enough for two people.
A splash of olive oil for the pan
1 peach, diced (we’ve also used apricots and apples when we didn’t have peaches)
4 Tbsp chopped pecans
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Add the applesauce and cinnamon to the eggs and beat well.
- Stirfry the peaches and pecans in the olive oil in a fry pan for 2-3 minutes, until the pieces of peach are soft.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan, stirring to scramble them.
- Serve with a couple of strips of nitrate-free bacon.
Credit to The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf.