I’ve been promising this recipe for a while, so here it is. This is our new favourite treat!
2 c raw nuts (use a mix of nuts – walnuts, macadamias, almonds, sunflower seed, pumpkin seeds)
1/4 c unsweetened coconut
1/2 c raisins
1/2 c melted coconut oil (or butter)
1/4 c raw honey (or maple syrup)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Chop the nuts in a food processer – pulse until they are small chunks.
- Mix the chopped nuts and all the other ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. The mixture will look shiny and quite runny.
- Place the mixture in a 9×9 inch baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into pieces. (I have been known to put it in the freezer to cool it more quickly!)
- Store in the fridge.
You will love these bars, so go and make a batch now!
Like all the best best-laid-plans, my plan to blog about our trip fell through pretty quickly, didn’t it? Sorry!
Here’s a quick peek of what we got up to:
Bike ride out to Redmond. We got caught in the rain, but found this useful tree outside Microsoft to shelter under!
Two days in Leavenworth reading books and wandering around town. We ate at the best place, a restaurant called South – highly recommend their Burrito in a Bowl with Carne Asada! Just wish we’d got a photo of our hotel. It had a deck with the most comfortable outdoor furniture – the perfect spot for a late afternoon glass of wine.
More bike riding, this time along the edge of Lake Washington. On our way back, we stopped at Juanita Bay Park and saw these ducklings. They were so small they could walk across the lilypads, while Mum had to swim through them.
Lunch at the fabulous Melrose Market. This picture shows the cool foodie restaurant in the back, but we had a sandwich (yes, a non-paleo meal!) from the sandwich bar in the front – delicious!
A quick stop in Port Townsend (on our way to catch the ferry from Port Angeles) for boat pictures to give me ideas for my current WIP.
That was our week – over all too soon!