I’ve been promising this recipe for a while, so here it is. This is our new favourite treat!
2 c raw nuts (use a mix of nuts – walnuts, macadamias, almonds, sunflower seed, pumpkin seeds)
1/4 c unsweetened coconut
1/2 c raisins
1/2 c melted coconut oil (or butter)
1/4 c raw honey (or maple syrup)
1-2 tsp cinnamon
- Chop the nuts in a food processer – pulse until they are small chunks.
- Mix the chopped nuts and all the other ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed. The mixture will look shiny and quite runny.
- Place the mixture in a 9×9 inch baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into pieces. (I have been known to put it in the freezer to cool it more quickly!)
- Store in the fridge.
You will love these bars, so go and make a batch now!