Since I’m in the middle of marking madness, I found it necessary to make a chocolatey treat. This one happened to arrive in my Facebook news feed today, thanks to Wellness Mama. You should check out her blog for all sorts of goodies!
- 5 oz shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil + 1 tbsp
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix coconut, 2/3 cup melted coconut oil, vanilla, and almond butter in a medium bowl.
- Place the bowl in the fridge until the mixture has firmed up enough to handle.
- Form the mixture in balls.
- Place the balls in the freezer until they harden completely.
- Once the balls have hardened, melt the chocolate with 1 tbsp coconut oil in a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and put on a tray covered in baking paper. We used two forks to dip the balls and let them drip off before putting them on the tray.
- Put the balls into fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets.
You’ll probably want to store these in the fridge to keep the chocolate from melting.
And now I’d better get back to the marking!